Password:JDM Blog: Honda Challenge Buttonwillow Oct. 2010 | Password:JDM
1 (888) PWJDM-01   |   Contact Us   |   Order Status   |   View Cart
Free shipping on most Password:JDM Brand Products!
Home » Blog
Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Honda Challenge Buttonwillow Oct. 2010

Greetings,
Time for the fall race report.This past weekend October 9th and 10th,was the second to last race weekend for NASA So Cal and the weather was fantastic,and not to mention the racing close.
My second event weekend in the tough H2 class was a great one with close racing among the top 5 racers.Saturday I was adjusting to the track conditions and my car setup,and made some changes that were helpful.Adding power steering made the car very easy to drive and took much less effort than no power steering,thus saving me energy and helping my consistency driving.Qualifying 6th,I avoided a first lap crash in front of me,and was quickly 3rd after turn 2. In a hard fought battle for 3rd with the H2 front runner Greg Neuwirth and his AEM integra,I did the best I could and he eventually got around me and I settled for a solid 4th place out of 8 finish with my #64 Civic.
Sunday's race was much better since I had a rhythm from Saturday.I qualified 6th yet again but this time was a reverse grid and standing start,giving me outside pole position.With the faster cars coming up behind a few laps later, I drove defensively and gave up a few spots from driving under pressure.Once I got settled down,I fought hard with Benny Pecqueur for 4th position clicking off a personal best 2:04.2 lap.Though as my brakes and tires started going away,so was my chance at passing for 4th. Ending in 5th right behind the top 4 with in a few seconds of each other! There is much more on the table for me once my confidence driving gets even higher,the car can do it I just have to execute.
A real fun weekend and I hope to do better yet at the season finale next month at Buttonwillow.
Thanks so much to my sponsors and supporters,you know it means alot.
Cheers
Justin
JW Racing

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home