Password:JDM Blog: NASA Honda Challenge Buttonwillow #13 April,2010 | Password:JDM
1 (888) PWJDM-01   |   Contact Us   |   Order Status   |   View Cart
Free shipping on most Password:JDM Brand Products!
Home » Blog
Monday, April 19, 2010

NASA Honda Challenge Buttonwillow #13 April,2010

Greetings again my friends,
Hope all is well.This past weekend was the third NASA So Cal event of the season,held at Buttonwillow raceway park.The weather was amazing and this race weekend also had the 3hr day to night enduro which is fun to watch.It was also great so see some of my customers' engines run well at the track this weekend,both in the top 2 for the H2 class.
In my H1 class Honda Challenge Sprint races,I got a 2nd Saturday and a 1st place on Sunday in my #64 Gold K24 powered EJ1 coupe.Saturday I was spending most of the time getting acquainted with a new rear sway bar and a few other adjustments that were unsettling at first,but once I got used to them I was 2 seconds faster then the last time I ran the #13 clockwise layout.I ran a best time of a 2:01,getting ever so close to my goal of the 2:00 barrier;a highly respected feat among the better drivers. Some rear bumper contact left me controlling my sliding car as if I was in the drift series,but I learned alot and managed to man handle my car to the finish.
Sunday I did not qualify as I hoped,but with the standing start I got a great start and was among the leaders.A very close quarters battle between the 2 top cars of the H2 class and the top two H1 class that I run in,me leading H1.There were many many cautions during our race including a Full course yellow,which is rare for us.I was passed under a caution flag by my competitor,which after I showed my tape to the Director,was DQ'd for not relinquishing the position.I did finish 2nd over all and 2nd in class,however in the end,I was awarded 1st place in H1 following the disqualification of the winner.Though he was a few tenths faster per lap.I would rather have to race him to win than be cheated on.A great lesson for everyone.
After 3 wins and a 2nd in the last 4 races,I now have a solid points lead for the season H1 class championship,and I hope to hold it.See you next month at Willow Springs International raceway.
Thanks to all of my sponsors and supporters,
Cheers
Justin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home